Whether you are hosting a small or large party at your home, office or reception hall, O’Brothers Wine & Spirits can help you plan your event. Here are some basic guidelines to follow to make your party a success.
How much do I need?
Generally, each guest will consume 2-3 drinks each, but you can always adjust the amount of drinks more or less according to how much you would like to serve at your event.
To figure out what alcoholic beverages to purchase for your event, typically, 50% of your guests will consume beer, 25% will consume wine and 25% will consume spirits. If you are only serving beer and wine generally the rule is 75% will consume beer and 25% will consume wine.
Now factor in that a 1 liter bottle of liquor will pour approximately 17 (one ounce) drinks and a 750 ml bottle of wine will pour 4 (six ounce) glasses. A 16 gallon keg will pour 180 (twelve ounce) glasses and a 8 gallon keg will pour 90 (twelve ounce) glasses and a 5.5 gallon keg will pour 60 (twelve ounce) glasses. When reserving kegs for your event, remember to order tappers, glasses and ice. With advanced notice you can select import and specialty beers when available.
What types of liquor should I provide?
- Spirits to consider are Vodka, Rum, Gin, Whiskey, Brandy, Scotch, Bourbon and Tequila.
- Red wines to consider are Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Malbec , Shiraz, Zinfandel and Red blends.
- White wines to consider are Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Reisling, Pinot Grigio, Moscato and White blends.
- Rose and White Zinfandel are also very popular as well as sparkling wines and Champagne for toasting special occasions.
- Please remember your alcohol free guests with non-alcoholic beer and wines.
We carry ice, glassware, condiments, stir sticks, straws, mixers, juices, energy drinks and pop for all your party needs. Ask us about discounts on cases of Spirits and Wines for your party too.